Welcome Wisconsin high school hockey players and coaches.
The Jeff Sauer Award is awarded based on a candidate’s level of community
service, volunteerism, good citizenship and academic performance.
Click here to apply/nominate your player.
Application forms are due by Midnight on February 1, 2021.
- The award is available to both male and female nominees who live and
play high school hockey in Wisconsin.
- Nominee must be a member of their high school’s hockey team (varsity
or junior varsity Level)
- Applications must be submitted by February 1st, 2021 at Midnight (Central
Before beginning the application, be sure you have completed copies of
- Nominee’s personal essay (required, 3 pages maximum),
- Coach’s letter of recommendation (required),
- A second letter of recommendation (required), and
- An optional third letter of recommendation
ready to upload in PDF, Microsoft Word, or Google Doc format. Other formats
will not be accepted.
Please include the nominee’s last name and first initial in the file name.
Personal Essays (by the nominated player) and recommendation letters should
describe the nominee’s achievements in the following areas:
As an athlete and teammate:
- Leadership and sportsmanship
- Relationships with teammates, coaches and staff
As a positive force in the community:
- Leadership in the community
- Activities and organizations as well as time dedicated to community
and volunteer services
- Names of charities founded or served (if applicable)
- Academic standing